Information we collect from you
When you use the Service, we may collect and process the following personal information (that is, information which is capable of identifying you as an individual) about you:
- • Personal Information that you provide to us through the Service, including via the Application or on our site. This includes (but is not limited to) information such as your name and email address at the time of registering to use our site and/or service, making job enquiries or requesting further services and information.
- • Correspondence that we receive from you if you contact us through the Application or through any other communication channel such as email, in writing or via the site.
- • Activity Information you provide when you interact with the Service and/or make any requests, such as when you download the Application, when you “View”, “Share” (e.g. via Facebook, SMS or similar), “Follow” a Featured Alert (which allows you to follow a merchant and receive promotional alerts on a non-location specific basis), or you purchase or redeem a Coupon.
- • Location Information transmitted from your smart phone handset or other location aware device when you use the Application or interact with the Service. Sprooki does not capture any information on your location when you download the Application or receive a Featured Alert, but does capture information when you “View”, “Share” or “Follow” a Featured Alert, or you purchase or redeem a Coupon.
We use the personal information that we collect from you in the following ways:
- • to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which may be of interest you, via the Application, the site, SMS or email, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- • to allow merchants to securely validate and redeem Coupons at the merchant’s outlet or to send promotional messages to you relating to their products or services, provided you have opted-in to receive such messages by activating the “Follow” feature.
- • to carry out refunds or reversals of payment where appropriate and otherwise communicate with you if you have purchased a Coupon, and otherwise to meet its legal obligations (including investigating and combating fraud).
- • to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Service, when you choose to do so, for example our “Follow” alerts.
- • to notify you about changes to our Service, respond to your comments, complaints and other feedback on our Service, and to protect the rights and property of Sprooki and its users.
Anonymous / Aggregated Information
We may also gather the following anonymous or aggregated information (that does not identify you as an individual):
- • Details of your visits to our site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, and other communication data and the information that you access.
- • Details of your computer or mobile device which we may also collect to serve you better and improve the Service, including where available your IP address, operating system, mobile device and browser type. This information is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We use the anonymous or aggregated information that we collect from you in the following ways:
- • to report anonymous, non-personally identifiable statistics regarding your use of the Service to third parties such as merchants and our affiliates, in order to improve our Service and to help our merchants serve you better and offer products and/or services and promotions which are more relevant to you.
- • to manage, administer and enhance our Service (including its technology, operations and infrastructure).
- • if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and their advisors.
Disclosure Of Your information
As well as disclosing your personal information to merchants as mentioned above, we may also disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- • if we use third party providers, such as Payment Gateway Providers who process your transactions securely. In order to do this, our Payment Gateway Providers will gather certain financial information required to issue you with a Coupon which can be redeemed at a merchant’s retail outlet. The financial information gathered will include your name, billing address, payment card details, card expiry, and card verification number. Our Payment Gateway Providers and other third party suppliers will be contractually bound to use your personal information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them, and all laws and regulations which apply to those third party providers in the territories in which they operate.
Interaction with Facebook
You may share and link your Sprooki account with your Facebook account if you have one, using Facebook Platform. By linking your Sprooki account to your Facebook account, you grant Sprooki permission to access your Facebook account and profile information. Please refer to Facebook’s Data Use Policy for further information on how your personal information is shared with the Application. You should also refer to Facebook’s privacy settings to manage the sharing of that personal information. Sprooki will never knowingly access or retain any of your Facebook profile information, nor will we have access to information regarding other Facebook users with whom you ‘share’ Sprooki on Facebook.
Information access and transfer
We will do our best to protect your personal information, but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted over the Internet or any telecommunications networks to our site or our Application. Once we receive your information, we will use strict procedures and security features (both physical and encryption based) to try to prevent unauthorised access, however you transfer your data to us at your own risk.
We will keep your information while your Sprooki account is active, or as needed to provide the services requested by you, to maintain records of your activity for customer service and reporting purposes, to comply with our legal obligations, or to resolve any disputes. If you wish to cancel your account and request that we no longer use your information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to discontinue your use of the Service, you may do so at anytime by deleting the Application from your smart phone or other mobile device. For information on how to delete the Application from your particular device, please visit your smart phone or mobile device manufacturer’s website.
You can access, update and delete the information you provided to us through the “My Account” link on the site or by sending us an email at email@example.com. Please note that we reserve the right to refuse unreasonable requests.